Sunday 27 June 2010

Wylam Summer Fair



This weekend has been a bit hectic...I had a stall at Wylam Summer fair and ran the 3 mile fun run too.The stall was pretty successful and i sold several wreaths, lots of badges and hair clips. I was pretty stressed setting things out. This was my home turf and I was feeling a bit insecure. Thankfully feedback was good and I sold quite a lot of stuff.I was particularly pleased with a large pine cone wreath I made.
I decided to put myself under even more pressure by taking part in the annual fun run. Last year I was last. This year however after a years worth of consistent training I wasn't and managed to knock 4 minutes off last years time. I probably could have gone faster, but it was a hot day. Since I took up running a year ago I have dropped 2 dress sizes and gained a great deal of emotional strength and stability. That is more than enough. My husband Lee won the race in a new v40 record time. Robyn was first 9-11 girl. Thanks to my mum Margaret who did a great job working on the stall while I was running and to all the lovely people who bought something.

1 comment:

  1. Well done to you Jill, lots of big achievements there xxx

    ReplyDelete