Tuesday 4 October 2011

Hello again blog readers, well its been quite a while since I've taken time to do a blog post of my own. I can come up with many various excuses for this, the school six weeks summer holidays were a busy time,helping out Elswick Harriers, trying to keep my own running going and generally taking care of everyone, including pets has all been a major distraction from my blog. Also I have found that myGoogle account isnt allowing me to comment on other peoples blogs, which is very frustrating.  With the children now settled back at school and Christmas markets etc looming on the horizon I'm hoping to get busy and maybe even update the blog regularly.

Spooky Halloween Wreath
Yesterday I made a Halloween wreath by cutting shapes from felt and attaching them to a dogwood frame. This is similar in style to a rabbit wreath I made several months ago. The cream coloured rabbitt wreath has remained perfect looking on the outside of the door for months, so I'm sure the idea is durable.

I also managed to finish a garland I've been working on for a while, but just couldn't get round to finishing. Anyway, here it is:


Enchanted Wood Garland
My family will be glued to The Great British Bake Off final this evening, although I'll have to watch it tomorrow on the i-player, as its my night at Elswick Harriers. Robyn especially loves it and is a dab hand herself in the kitchen. She has produces some very delicious pies and cakes and had a go at pasties this week end. She works entirely independently, and is very competent. Her are her pasties

Robyns Pasties 10/10
I tweeted this picture to GBBO judge Paul Hollywood, who is happy to judge baking via Twitter and he replied to say "well done, good effort". Obviously Robyn was delighted and thrilled.

This weekend sees the start of the Harrier League Cross country season which takes in some very unscenic parts of the Newcastle area, like Cramlington,Wrekenton and Farringdon. Still, hoping for a good turn out from the marvellous Elswick womens team.


2 comments:

  1. yeah! you're back!! love your new wreath, it looks great on your lovely blue door - look forward to your regular posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill,
    I've just discovered your blog - and I'm glad I did! Your makes are so cute - and so are your doggies!!! :-)
    Until my next visit.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete